Collection of 20 Best Quotes of William Shakespeare In English. We bring you top 20 best quotes of William Shakespeare. Motivational, Romantic, Educational, Inspirational, find all about quootes of William Shakespear.
Quotes of William Shakespeare
- We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
- This life, which had been the tomb of his virtue and of his honour, is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.
- All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.
- God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.
- A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
- Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
- Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.
- Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
- When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
- We cannot conceive of matter being formed of nothing, since things require a seed to start from… Therefore there is not anything which returns to nothing, but all things return dissolved into their elements.
- Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.
- Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving.
- The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream.
- To be, or not to be, that is thHell is empty and all the devils are here.
- This above all; to thine own self be true.
- How sharper than a serpent’s tooth it is to have a thankless child!
This was all about quotes of William Shakespeare. Do share our page with friends and family.